Sunday, February 14, 1999

Thank you, dear Heavenly Father, for the preached Word today. I sought the Lord, and He heard me, And delivered me from all my fears. How I long to know God, to know His presence. Yet it seems He withholds these sensations from me, or perhaps my sin stands in the way. My mind continues to be plagued by confusion, or confused seasons, regarding the turmoil in the church's session. Last night I got my desire and heard more of the present conflict, but this morning, in the sanctuary, the knowledge of it, coupled with my sense of bereavement was too much. I had prayed to meet the Lord in worship today.l From before the start of worship I wept--wept for weariness, for sorrow, for my own sin---even of self-pity. At one time I even thought I would have to leave. Then after it seemed I got myself under control I turned my face to hear the sermon. And it was as if he took a bow and arrow and shot right at my heart. I hope to get the tape and listen carefully so I know what all I learned. But it was so pointedly for me that by the end of the sermon I knew that I had my answers--that God was indeed present in crafting this sermon for and into my heart. Father, thank you for showing me your tender and merciful lovingkindness. Now help me to live for You.

Susan finished and framed "Godliness with contentment is great gain" for Leigh Ann Duhm & gave it to her today. A thank you gift for all the clothing LA has given her over the past several years. It was a beautiful little piece.

Today was as blessed as last Sunday was a difficult blessing. We had the Greers over along with the Lindleys, Bryan Walter, Renee, Megan Vanderhart, David Rowe; It was a blessing to get to know the Greers a bit. Hearing how the Greers came to reformed faith from a Baptist culture was such an encouragement. Encouraging that God is bringing people to faith and godliness from all over in all sorts of ways. Encouraging that God might bring new people to our church.

No comments: