Thursday, March 13, 2008

Notes from Greenville

Rising early at the hour You wake me is what I want to do--only give me grace to wait on You & to spend time in prayer. Give me wisdom to pray for those things which would make me anxious; for humility for my husband whom You use as well as for strength & wisdom for him & not only for his work as spokesman & pastor, but even more for his work in pastoring the family You have given us. I also would pray for the families You will make of our family. Give me due diligence & wisdom to make these things a matter of prayer & give me wisdom to guide my children in this area, both sons & daughters. In this please make me a good helper to Cal. I would also pray for grace to so order our lives that much time would be given to mature reformed study. Make me & my children as useful as you have made Cal. Give my daughters patience, maturity, & diligence as they serve our family in waiting for their own homes. Please make them pleased to live with us & serve You through our home. Please guide us as we guide our sons into sound education. And I also pray that you would call all three of them into the ministry of the Word. Please help me reorder our home when we return from this conference. Thank You.

No comments: